Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Question and Audience

In a nutshell, the project is to ask yourself a question, research anything and everything that could help to answer it, and present your findings, thus answering said question to an interested audience.

Question: Is it possible for individuals following a vegan lifestyle to obtain adequate amounts of protein as recommended by Canada's Food Guide?



Once my question was asked, it was time to consider an audience, who would be interested in anything to do with veganism? 
  • Students
  • Anyone who has read the book Skinny Bitch
  • New Vegans
  • Yogis
YOGIS!



Some of the most health conscious people I know to exist. There is a yoga community in Calgary, Thriving with individuals who value their complete health, inside and out. Many of them also value the health of mother earth, and veganism has been said to be one of the most conscious ways of living: being connected physically and spiritually to food, a basic necessity. There is a dramatic disconnection between individuals and their food. Ignorance is not always bliss.



I brain stormed a few ideas of where I would be able to present. The first was obvious


I have a friend of a friend who works at Lululemon on 4th. I know that Lululemon holds yoga nights as well as information sessions, I have high hopes to present for a group of Yoga enthusiasts who are looking to learn more about a vegan diet.

Plan B is the yoga studio that I frequent. 



I'd like to think that my face is familiar enough that they would be able to work something out, again, yogis tend to value health in all aspects of their lives.

Finally, if no sites that are yogi-centric work out (which is not an option, but just to be safe) I have a connection with The Running Room in Kensington. 



They have monthly evening meetings for new runners, discussing ways to improve their running, and nutrition has a huge impact on any type of sport or training.

No comments:

Post a Comment