Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Critiquing the Literature Critique

SAIT has some fantastic resources. The SAIT library provides a huge database of articles, reports, statistics, you name it! It really does us students a favour so that we don't fall into any wikipedia traps. The info on these data bases is legit, but sometimes I have my weak moments when I want to succumb to the Google gods.

Although the database is extremely resourceful, I'm having a very difficult time finding scholarly articles that provide any information on my project topic (can vegans get enough protein as recommended by CFG?) 

After speaking with my instructor I decided that what I need to do is find an article that answers the right question. Up until now I was looking for an article that discusses whether or not vegans get enough protein. Instead, I should be finding an article that answers the question "why should they?"

Once that decision was made, finding an article was easy. I can't share it here but it's a very informative article discussing the RDA (recommended daily allowance) of protein for adults (0.8g/kg/day)


Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment