Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vegan for a week

I'll be going vegan for the week of February 7 - 13th

Right now I'm a lacto-ovo-pesco-tarian, although I just say vegetarian because that's easier. It's really just preference, I don't miss meat. I just prefer plant-y foods. Also, what I lack in meat I make up for in cheese and peanut butter. Not together. Although...

the pesco part is pretty rare, it's simply easier to open up a can of chickpeas or nuke an egg than it is to broil a piece of salmon.

I'll be photographing all of my meals/ snacks and posting them here for a week, as well as logging everything onto Livestrong - Daily Plate because that program will provide a breakdown of my day's nutrition and we'll find out if I can get the recommended amount of protein --about 48 g a day-- 


I'll be grabbing a couple of things from the store tomorrow, I already raided Community Natural Foods for some special items but there's no tofu in the house! The horror! 

No comments:

Post a Comment